Friday, January 25, 2013

Recent purchases

I have made a few sewing related purchases lately and thought I'd share them.

First up is this lovely vintage re-issue pattern. How gorgeous is it? I'll be making one in winter.

 

I also purchased two books from The Book Depository. This one, which is so full of solutions to fit problems that I really got confused:


 

And I decided to buy Gertie's book. I must confess to feeling slightly underwhelmed by it. There were only a couple of things that I would make- nothing screamed out 'MAKE ME!!!' I do like these two though.



I was a bit disappointed by some of the projects in the book. Most of all, this one. The fit is terrible (hey, I know I probably can't do better, but I didn't write a sewing book) and the darts don't match up! 


 

Having said that, there are a lot of useful tips and techniques in the book and I do like it.

What have you bought lately?

1 comment:

  1. I got Gertie's book for Christmas - I agree about some of the items made and photographed, but also think that there are a tonne of great tips in there. I can't wait to see your reissue pattern made up!

    ReplyDelete