Sunday, March 3, 2013

This has nothing to do with sewing, but...

I hope you will indulge me while I show off my new hair colour, glasses, dress and shoes.

I've had red hair for 2 years and needed a change. Besides that, the upkeep of very bright red is a royal pain in the ass, not to mention all the precautions that need to be taken so that I don't stain the towels/ pillowcases/ bathroom vanity. So I decided to go back to brown, but a dark brown. I love it.

 

I also got new glasses. I'd been wanting new ones and then Jimmy accidentally whacked me in the head and broke my green ones and I was happy on the inside because that gave me a reason to buy new specs. I didn't really want black ones but I really like the shape of these.

Here I am tarted up last night to go to a dinner party at a friend's house. The dress is the Coach Tour Dress from Modcloth. I ordered a red one and this one which is called Spearmint. I think they were on sale for about $30. They were a heck of a lot shorter than I thought they'd be. I wore them to work with tights and flats and my boss didn't send me home to get changed so it's all good. 



The shoes are Pinup Couture, a find on Ebay for a bargain price. They are soooo gorgeous! They are similar to TUK shoes in both style and fit.


1 comment: