I said in my last post that I intended to make up for my lack of sewing in August, and I didn't lie! After not having made any nice dresses for months, I couldn't wait to make something really springy. I'm sure you all know the feeling of making pretty warm weather dresses after covering up all winter long!
I bought this gorgeous fabric exactly two years ago. It was $3/m and is really good quality quilter's cotton (it was reduced from $15/m). I love quilter's cotton and I don't give a crap what people say about it being no good for clothes. For most dresses, I think it's perfect!
I used New Look 6910, the pattern I used for my Shitted Feet Dress, which I barley wear as I'm not happy with the fit. This time I made the scoop neck because my husband hates boat necks on me. I also cut the whole thing on the smallest size instead of grading up to the waist because this thing has a crazy amount of ease. I still had to increase the back centre seams to a whole inch to get it to fit, but all in all it came together really easily and quickly.
|Whoops, the zipper pull is sticking up!|
I lined the bodice with some white poplin I had in my stash. I was going to make the belt out of the floral fabric, but in a sudden stroke of genius I realised this green polka dotted stuff would look lovely as a belt. As an added bonus, when I tried on the completed dress, I discovered my $5 green heels were a PERFECT match! Win!
I love this dress so much. I finished it Friday night and wore it Saturday, Sunday and today (Tuesday).