Wednesday, February 12, 2014

New Look 6000

Check this baby out! Isn't it groovy?




It's Montreau drill, the same stuff I've made my last few 'for me' projects from. I loooove the print! I didn't have enough fabric to even attempt pattern matching.




I had to make a few alterations to get this dress to fit me. It was absolutely skin tight from under my bust to my hips, so I had to reduce the seam allowance as much as I could to a tiny 1/4 inch. Then there was heaps of foldy-ness happening at the back so I had to increase the back seam allowance to a massive one and a half inches, tapering down to my waist. Crazy! Easy fixes though. It turned out really well.




I also finished my daughter's birthday presents. As well as the dress I blogged about a while ago, I made her a cute hat and a sweet mouse softie. The softie was very fiddly- stuffing the arms with their less than 1cm opening was tricky! I love the way it turned out and I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow.



 





 



















Here are all of her presents- the Care Bears are vintage from Ebay. I'm slightly obsessed with 1980s toys like My Little Pony (have a huge collection), Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears. I was stoked that I picked up this lot for $40.


 

The only new thing she's getting is the little polo shirt/ skirt outfit, which I got from Aldi for $10.














No comments:

Post a Comment