Monday, January 19, 2015

Stash bustin': funky new chair!

This is not sewing at all, but it did use up some of my stash fabric. It's probably not even deserving of its own blog post, but I'm going to do it anyway!

The chair in my sewing/music teaching room was looking very boring and black. Someone in one of the groups I'm in on Facebook posted a picture of their office chair that they'd covered, and it sounded so easy that I decided to give it a try.



I've had this hideous music fabric for about a year. I bought 2 metres of it with the intention of making a dress. What the hell was I thinking? It's so fugly. But for this project, it's perfect!




All I did was remove the back and seat sections with a Philip's head screwdriver, pop off the black plastic backing, place the parts down on my fabric and cut around them with my rotary cutter (giving myself a 3 inch seam allowance), then staple-gunned the fabric to the chair parts, pulling it nice and tight and using tons of staples.

Easy peasy! Brand new chair for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment