Monday, January 12, 2015

Stash bustin'!


I have one major resolution with regard to my sewing this year, and that is to use up all or most of the fabric in my stash before I buy any new fabric.

Here is (most of) my fabric stash as it stands today. Yeah, it's really, really messy. I promise I will tidy it up.



In this basket are small cuts (1metre or less) of girly fabrics. Usually when I make something for my daughter, I'll use fabrics from here.




Small cuts of boyish fabrics and overflow from the girly basket. My son doesn't really like handmade clothes so I will need to be creative to use this all up.




On this shelf is all of my dress fabric. Mostly cottons except for the far right which are mostly polyester. I have many fabrics here that I have been saving for ages until I find the perfect pattern- notably the black cherry sateen and the watercolour sateen under it.




Here are corduroys and denims. Far out, I didn't realise how messy my fabric was!
I will be putting a huge dent in this shelf come winter time.



Various crap here, including cotton sheeting, black suiting, drill, crepe, old sheets, and poplin.




This is my top shelf. You are probably thinking, "Why has she got shitty old sheets?" Well, instead of throwing out old sheet sets when they start to get a bit threadbare, or the fitted sheets have lost their elastic, they go here to be used for making muslins or to be used as linings. They are nice and soft and don't need to be pre washed so it works well! 

Also here are various home decor cottons, some fleece, and some flannelettes.

So, that's what I need to get rid of! Hopefully by the end of this year, the 'after' photos will look very different!

I have a few little projects to blog about over the next week or so. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Gosh you're a mad woman. I look forward to seeing your projects this year. Good luck getting through your stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm looking forward to finding creative ways to use it all up.

      Delete
  2. You have such a lovely collection of fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alecia. I have far too much because I buy fabric with no project in mind for it!

      Delete